Wednesday, February 25, 2015

21 Day Fix Extreme Meal Plan

Getting Back On Track WithThe 21 Day Fix Extreme


I started the 21 Day Fix Extreme 2 weeks ago today but I was not 100% committed. I ended up missing workouts here and there AND my nutrition was off. I found myself sneaking junk food in at night and not giving it my all through the workouts. Since I wasn't fueling my body with the right kinds of food it was all I could do to get through the day without a nap. I just felt Blah and didn't have much energy. I became disappointed in myself and instead of progressing I was taking a major step back. I felt guilty because here I am as a coach that is suppose to help others learn how to make healthy choices and to keep going when it gets hard and not throw in the towel! But I was doing the complete opposite. I had to really dig deep and find the motivation to start again. I had to ask myself "Why did you start to begin with?" When I really focused on this I found my answer. My "why" has changed over the past few years. It started with wanting to lose a couple of pounds so I wouldn't feel self-conscious at the beach in a bikini to SO much more! I still want to feel confident in a bikini this Summer ;) but I also want to help others along the way. I know how it feels to hate how you look on the outside and how it feels when your body consumes too much food and so much junk. I suffered from digestive problems, acne, being overweight, didn't get enough sleep, had little energy, depression and the list goes on and on. I know others are suffering too and I want to help them to take back control of their life and live their life to the fullest. It's never too late to start! I know this now and chose to take care of my body. I started a new accountability group this week and let me tell you this has really kicked my booty into gear!! I got a message Monday from one of the ladies in the group saying "Feeling great! Down 4 pounds since last Sunday. Feeling great means more than the scales right now though."
I'm just over the moon happy to see her getting results and feeling great! This is what truly motivates me everyday to stick it out. So now that I'm back on track I started over Monday with the group and I'm doing the regular extreme plan. After this round I will follow the countdown to competition plan to get maximum results. I have a cruise coming up in June with my hubby and I want to rock that bikini! ;) My goals are to complete the 21 days with NO setbacks, tone up my tummy and booty, stay on track with the meal plan and to just feel better! 



What workouts will I be doing? 
Each day Autumn rotates out a new workout for the week. She has designed the schedule so you get a total body workout that really test your limits. Even on the Upper Fix workout your legs are still working! She is a pure genius!! I will also incorporate the Extreme Hardcore Abs workout every other. This workout unlike the others is a 10 minute workout but don't let it fool you it's a killer! The other workout are 30 minutes long and you will need a set of light and heavy weights, a resistant band and a yoga mat.  
Here's the schedule I'm following:

Monday- Plyo Fix Extreme
Tuesday- Upper Fix Extreme
Wednesday- Pilates Extreme
Thursday- Lower Fix Extreme
Friday- Cardio Fix Extreme
Saturday- Dirty 30 Extreme
Sunday- Yoga Extreme

Before Plyo Fix 



And After!!
Still Feeling The Burn!!






What am I eating this week?
I sat down this week and created my meal plan for the whole week. I find that when I do this I'm able to stay on track and it's just easy to follow when I have a visual. My daily plan looks like this: I get 4 proteins-red containers, 3 vegetables-green containers, 2 fruits-purple containers, 2 carbs-yellow containers, 1 healthy fat/cheese-blue container, 1 dressing/seed-orange container and 2 teaspoons of healthy oils. I really don't have a problem eating the same thing more than once a week if I like it. What I love to do is cook a recipe that has leaves you with leftovers. I just pack those for lunch the next day, saves time and money. Win, win! 
Here's a look at what I'm eating this week:




I did try my hand at 2 new recipes this week. On Monday night I made the Extreme Turkey Chili which is a recipe that Autumn includes with the meal plan and then last night I made Chicken Parmesan. I made a couple of modifications to both original recipes and kind of winged it. My husband didn't eat the turkey chili but he he went back for seconds on the Parmesan. So it's picky eater approved!! I love food so making my favorite dishes healthier is a must for me. I don't want to feel deprived and so far I'm not! The chicken parmesan to me is kind of a treat due to the breadcrumbs and extra cheese but it is definitely lower in fat and calories than Olive Garden. 


Extreme Turkey Chili




Ingredients

1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 lb. Lean ground turkey
medium onion
medium red pepper
2 cloves of garlic
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 Tbsp chili powder
1/4 tsp chipotle pepper or cayenne pepper
2- 15 oz cans of black beans drained and rinsed
1- 15 oz can of diced tomatoes 



(Ingredients used for chili)


Directions

Heat oil in sauce pan over medium heat. Add turkey, red pepper, onion and garlic. Cook until turkey is no longer pink. Add cumin, chili powder and chipotle pepper; cook for 1 minute. Then add beans and tomatoes with liquid. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low or to gentle boil and cook for 20 minutes. 


I used my Ninja Blender to chop the onion and red pepper before adding it to the sauce pan. This saved me tons of time!







Chicken Parmesan



Ingredients

5 skinless, boneless chicken breasts 
1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1 Tbsp oregano
1-2 eggs 
1/4 - 1/2 cup of low-fat mozzarella cheese 
Whole wheat angel hair pasta or rotini noodles

Directions for Chicken Parmesan
Combine breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and oregano in a bowl. In another bowl beat egg(s). Brush both sides of chicken with egg and then coat with crumb mixture. Place chicken in casserole dish and bake on 425 degrees for 30 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly. Cook pasta/noodles as advised on package.


Marinara Sauce Ingredients

2 tsps extra virgin olive oil
1 small yellow finely diced onion
2 minced garlic cloves
1- 28 oz can crushed tomatoes 
Thyme, basil and oregano to taste


Directions Marinara Sauce
In sauce pan sauté onions and garlic in evoo over medium heat for 5-7 minutes. Add tomatoes and their juices to onions. Add herbs to pan and gently simmer for about 20 minutes on medium-low heat. 
Top chicken with marinara sauce and a sprinkle of mozzarella cheese. Serve over noodles or pasta.





Plenty of Leftovers!


How am I doing so far? 3 days in and I'm staying strong...haven't missed a workout and I'm sticking to my meal plan. I resisted cake today at work! I realize I'm in control and 2 weeks ago I would have ate that cake! 
I'm telling myself I can and will do this. 
My daily mantra "Believe you can and you're halfway there." T. Roosevelt 

My next 21 Day Fix Extreme support and accountability group starts March 16th and I would love to have you join me. If you are interested friend me on Facebook and send me a message or comment below. 
https://www.facebook.com/whitney.broadwell

We are stronger and better together!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment